Last night, I felt well enough to cheer during the NBA finals game enough to make Lori tell me to quit cheering so much. HA! Though I couldn't pump my fist or clap my hands (as usual), I was able to holler at the TV and give the TV some thumbs up and if you know anything about me, you know that this helped to make me feel more normal.
Last night, I started out trying to sleep in the bed but though I didn't realize it, Lori said that I wriggled around and grunted for 2 hours before finally getting up and moving to the chair where I spent almost all the rest of the night. The positive thing is that at least I am not having to take almost any pain medication. Besides the first few days after surgery, I have been using 600mg of Motrin to control my pain instead of more potent medications. I haven't even taken any Motrin in a few days.
It seems like I haven't had any issues with the many medications that they currently have me on post-op and hope that after my next appointment, they will begin to wean me off some of the medication. Lori has been so faithful to be my diligent pharmacist and ensure that not only am I taking the proper meds but eating regularly, doing my breathing excercises and not using my arms for anything per doctor's instructions.
This morning, since it wasn't extremely hot outside, I was able to go out and tinker a bit in the garden a little this morning and then Lori and I walked down the entire street and back. My legs were very weak but it helped to strengthen my spirits if nothing else.
Today marks one week since we have been home from the hospital and tomorrow marks two weeks since my surgery. As each anniversary goes by, I am reminded of how good God continues to be to me and my family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment