Friday, June 4, 2010

Day 2

LAST UPDATE FOR THE DAY
Daniel has stopped with the jokes and having fun, he is in pain.
Finally after 3 calls to the nurse, he got some pain medicine and seems to be doing better. He also has a little bit of a temperature tonight.
It has been a very long day and I think that after getting in the room it all has hit him on what God has and is doing! He has been quiet for the past few hours, he wanted to read the blog and all of the updates and comments and I think he got a little overwhelmed. All of this is a lot to take in and he has been speechless and in awe of God's goodness.
I am staying with him tonight and will be for the rest of the stay here. Thanks so much for checking in on us and praying us through this journey. Our prayer is that this will not be about us, but about God and that His love and faithfulness will be known. Psalm 115:1.
I will update again tomorrow, please keep Daniel in your prayers. Tomorrow will be a hard day on him, they will have him up walking ALOT!


UPDATE 5:17p.m.
We are in a room and Daniel WALKED from his ICU room to his new room!!!! WOOHOO Praise the Lord!!!! He walked at least the length of a football field! When he got to his room he was hooting and a hollering with excitement. All the doctors and nurses that were in the hall was cheering him on! They said that it is very unusual for someone to walk the entire way especially without any trouble or stopping!

Since we have been in the room, he has had the nurses in stitches! You know Daniel likes to laugh and cut up, so it is a good thing that so far all of the nurses and doctors have had a good sense of humor!:-)

I was so excited and in shock that Daniel was walking so far, but that did not stop me from grabbing my phone and take pictures! HA

Here he is walking out of the ICU!

and he made it to his bed! Do you think he was excited?!?!?!?!

Please continue to pray for him and his recovery. His back pain is getting better, but now he is very tired from his "big" walk.


UPDATE 2:30p.m
Daniel is still in ICU and waiting on a bed to come open so we can move on out of here. He is still having a lot of pain in his back. Please pray that the pain will get better and that he can rest comfortable. I will update again later this evening(hopefully then he will be out of ICU)!

FIRST UPDATE FOR TODAY 10:22a.m.
I am with Daniel now in ICU and he is sitting up in the chair. Everything looks great, but he is in a lot of pain. He said that his chest is not hurting right now, but his back and ribs are hurting BAD! They just gave him some pain medicine so I am hoping that it will kick in and he will feel some relief. I asked him how he slept last night and He said that he had a restless night, but what do you expect in a hospital.:-)

They have put orders in for him to move out of ICU and into a room today. If and when a bed comes available then he will be moving out of here!:-)

I will update again this afternoon, but for now please continue to pray for Daniel and his recovery. He will have a lot of rehab and work that he will be doing in the weeks to come that are both tiresome and painful.

Sending much love to you all! Lori

6 comments:

Brenda Jordan said...

We appreciate all the updates you've been posting. I will keep Daniel in my prayers for his continued quick recovery and the rest of the family as well.

Michelle said...

Thank you for keeping us (our here in cyberland) updated. I am praying!

Rick Estes said...

Lori,

Good to hear he will be moving out of ICU! Will continue to pray for a speedy recovery. Let Daniel know that we will have the "Roll Tide" make over for His office done in plenty of time before he gets back! ;-)

Laurel said...

Lori,
We were out of town for a few days, but I am SO happy to hear that Daniel is doing so well! We have been and will continue to pray for him. Thanks for the updates.
We love y'all!

Amy said...

Wow! I am impressed over the walking to his room!! So glad he is doing well.. Still praying for your entire family through this recovery period. We love you guys!! Keep the updates coming!!

Teresa said...

Great to hear that he is out of ICU and that he walked to his room, however, I am more impressed with his modeling of the hospital gown! Looks like a modeling job just might be in his future! Continuing to lift all of you up in prayer! Thanks for keeping us updated!