Saturday, June 5, 2010

Day 3

LAST POST FOR SATURDAY 8:40p.m.
Daniel is doing much better since I last posted. Your prayers are being answered! The doctor came in and said that everything is looking good. She said that his heart rate being up was normal along with the temperature. They gave him some medicine to help his heart rate go down.
She also told us not to worry to much about the air in his lung, that to is not uncommon. He will have another x-ray done in the morning and if the air is still there then they will insert the stomach tube and get the air out. We are praying that the air is GONE and everything looks perfect!:-) He did start the coumadin today and they will get blood work in the morning to see what his levels are. It will take a few days to get his blood level to where they want it.

He also enjoyed a visit from Cecil and Sharon this afternoon. I was at the hotel getting my shower for the day and missed them.:-( I know I have said this several times, but we have been blown away by all the love we have been shown. God has blessed us with such wonderful people in our life. I wish I could personally thank everyone here on this blog, but I know that is just impossible. We love and appreciate each one of you.

Right now Daniel is not in any pain but he is extremely TIRED! He has not slept much, so I am hoping that tonight both of us will get some rest.:-)
That is all for today. Please keep the prayers coming.
I will post again in the morning.

UPDATE 4:27p.m.
Daniel just had a rough spell. His heart rate was high and he was feeling yucky. They did an EKG and everything looked fine. He is now resting, I am hoping that he will rest and gain some energy to take another walk in the halls. Please keep praying for him. He will have another xray done probably in the morning and we are hoping that it looks good and there is NO air in his lung! I will update later on tonight.
Thanks so much for your love and prayers!

UPDATE 12:56p.m
Daniel is doing good. Jim, Nancy and Kimberly stopped by to visit and he was glad to see them. Since the last post he has walked the halls and is continuing with the breathing exercises. He also had another chest xray and there is still air around his lung. It has not gotten any bigger so that is a good sign, but it needs to go away, if not then they will have to insert a tube and get the air out. He also is still running a temperature. He is very sleepy right now and is going to try to take a nap. I think I will try to get one in too!:-)
Please pray that the temperature will go away and the next time he gets an xray the air will be gone as well!!!!

UPDATE 9:10a.m.
The Doctor just came in and said that there was some air around his lungs so they have him on oxygen and will take another xray this afternoon. Please pray that the air will go away and not cause any problems. Also pray for Daniel, his spirits are kind of low this morning.

First Update for Saturday 8:46a.m.
Daniel is doing pretty good. He is having the normal discomfort that goes along with this type of surgery. Last night we was not in any pain, but we still did not sleep much, maybe a total of 3 hours the entire night.
This morning the doctors came in and said everything is looking good. He got the bandage taken off his chest and also his drainage tubes out. YEAH! They also said if things keep going this well then we will be here through Monday and should be home! This is very exciting to us because we thought he would be here until at least Thursday.
Today is going to be rough for him and me. He will be walking the halls alot and doing breathing exercises. He will start taking the coumadin today, so that means he will have blood drawn several times.
Also the nurses have not been that great, every time we have needed them we have had to call several times and then it takes forever for them to come. I just asked the nurse who was going to get him out of bed and help with walk the halls and she said that they would help the first time but then I would be doing it. I was mentally prepared for the surgery, but I don't think I was prepared for the recovery. I did not realize how hard it was going to be and how long it would be for him to bounce back.
Keep the prayers coming, this recovery is going to be harder and longer that we had thought.
I will post later today.:-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now is the time for strength and perservance. Isa 40:31
27-31Why would you ever complain, O Jacob,
or, whine, Israel, saying,
"God has lost track of me.
He doesn't care what happens to me"?
Don't you know anything? Haven't you been listening?
God doesn't come and go. God lasts.
He's Creator of all you can see or imagine.
He doesn't get tired out, doesn't pause to catch his breath.
And he knows everything, inside and out.
He energizes those who get tired,
gives fresh strength to dropouts.
For even young people tire and drop out,
young folk in their prime stumble and fall.
But those who wait upon God get fresh strength.
They spread their wings and soar like eagles,
They run and don't get tired,
they walk and don't lag behind.

Lori, you will be the one running and not get weary now and Daniel is to be the one walking, not lagging behind! Praying for you both during this time of recovery. can't wait to see you back in Florence!

Debbie Meggs said...

We are praising God for all He has done and praying for God's peace and comfort for both of you. We love you guys. The Meggs and Mrs. Helen (Bethea)