Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tuesday

UPDATE 9:40p.m.
Not any change since the last post. Daniel is watching the Basketball game and I am thinking about trying to go to sleep. I do have a few specific things I would like you to pray for. The first one is that Daniel's INR is up to at least 2 in the morning and we can go home and the second thing is that Daniel's heart rate will slow down to a more normal pace. The doctors are not concerned about it, they said once he gets home and in his element it will get better. It just bothers us a little that it is high and we would love to see it at a more normal rate.

Thanks again for all your love and prayers. I will post again in the morning.


UPDATE 4:30p.m
Okay we are BORED! I guess that is a sign that we are ready to get on out of here!:-) We have seen different doctors from the team throughout the day and they all pass by our door and say tomorrow is the day.:-) We are hoping and praying that tomorrow is the day! The only thing that is keeping us here is that we are waiting on his INR level(from taking the coumadin) to be between 2 and 3. Yesterday it was 1.6 and this morning it was 1.87, so we are moving in the right direction! If everything goes as planned then we are OUT OF HERE tomorrow!!!!! :-)


Daniel is doing good, he is READY to go home and I am too.
My mom sent these pictures to me on my phone last night,


We are ready to get home to our sweet babies!!!!!

I better go now, Daniel is wanting to go for a walk. I will post again later tonight.


UPDATE FROM DANIEL 10:00a.m.
I am finally being able to sit up and type my first message. After many countless hours of insomnia, many nurse visits and many times of recounting God's mercy on me, a sinner, I am still brought back and totally humbled to the one single thought that this is God's one specific, significant, and practical plan for just me. Imagine a God who cares THAT much!!!! I can't imagine His love but I can feel it. I can't fathom His Mercy, but I have been able to experience it. I can't begin to even describe His peace but He continues to show me in the only way possibily, its availability.

I thought that this whole process began at a heart cath and ended when I didn't hurt anymore. How small and finite my mind process is! The Lord has taught me that this process began when God formed my heart in His Hands and will end when I see Him face to face. Another thing I learned that is VERY IMPORTANT is that God did not mess up when He formed my heart physically, he formed to teach doctors, to encourage other heart patients, to rebuke sinners and to teach me a millon things that I am too stubborn to learn any other way than flat on my back crying out in the night to Him for His simple comfort.

"So long status quo, the way it always was will never be good enough. "

Arise up church and stand in the gap and fight for souls, not status!

-Daniel



First Update 6:50a.m.
The doctor came in this morning and said that Daniel's heart rate is much better! Praise the Lord!!! She also said that the Echo looked great! They are working on getting his coumadin level where it needs to be. It is looking like if all goes well we will be out of here tomorrow!:-)

Daniel slept good, but not great last night. This morning he is dealing with some anxiety. It seems like mornings are the hardest on him for some reason. I know it sounds crazy that he has some anxiety/depression with all the good news we have gotten, but this whole surgery and recovery is a lot to process. I think once he gets home and back to the kids the anxiety will get a little better.

Speaking of the kids, they are doing GREAT! They are having fun getting spoiled by Nana.:-) I have talked to them several times a day and neither one ask when we are coming home!HA!

Thanks so much for your prayers, every one of them have been heard and answered! God is so faithful. Today I ask that you pray that Daniel's heart rate will be at a normal rate and also for his anxiety/depression.

That's all for now, I will update a little later.

3 comments:

Jim Crooks said...

Thank God! I am praying for the two of you today. It is amazing that he has had that much stuff done to him, adjusting to new medicines, trying to get used to the healing of a major place on his chest and is smiling and joking like he is doing. I am glad that he is getting better today. I was hoping you would post early today! All is well on the home front.

Jim Crooks

Teresa said...

Glad to hear that you may be able to come home tomorrow! That is awesome! I know the recovery may seem long and hard but God is going to do amazing things in your life and those around you in the process! Hate that I wasn't able to come with the guys yesterday but VBS is calling my name this week! I am sure I missed out on some good laughs! Got you covered with prayer and look forward to seeing you when you get home! Love "T"

Janice Estes said...

The good news keeps comin' and I'm thankful for it. Continuing to pray for you!