Thursday, June 3, 2010

Surgery

UPDATE 10:42p.m.
I have been with Daniel most of the night and he is doing great! The nurse said that if he keeps on like he this, than most likely he will move out of ICU tomorrow afternoon. Daniel has been in a little pain, which is to be expected. He has been sleeping off and on all day.

God is so faithful! All your prayers have been heard! We are so thankful for each one of you and we are still blown away by the number of people and churches that have been lifting our family up in prayer during this time. We definitely feel your love and prayers. This journey is far from over so we ask that you still continue to pray for us. Daniel still has a lot of recovering to do!

Well, that is all for now, I am having trouble keeping my eyes open, I am hoping for a good nights rest. I will update tomorrow morning and let you know how Daniel's night went. Thanks again for everything!


UPDATE 3:34p.m.
I just got back from seeing Daniel again and he had the breathing tube out and was able to talk. He is very sleepy, but not in any pain. Praise the Lord! All his measurements look great and he is recovering nicely. As I expected, Daniel was singing praises when he got the breathing tube out. He yelled WOOHOO PRAISE THE LORD!!!! And all the nurses JUMPED!!!! LOL If those nurses are not saved, they will be by the time Daniel leaves ICU!:-)
I also wanted to thank Daniel's parents, The Clabo's(Allen, Tami, and Alexander) and Scott and Brandy Nutter for coming and being here with us today. We are so blessed by your friendship and thank God for you daily!

I do thank you all for you prayers and ask that you continue to lift Daniel up. Also, I ask for prayer for a family that is here in the ICU waiting area with us. I don't know them or their names, but they were just given some very bad news. Their love one (whom I am guessing is in his late 40's) had surgery today and the doctors found that he was covered with cancer and all they could do was close him back up. From what I can tell he has been given only a few months to live. My heart is aching for this family. Please lift them up during this terrible time. We know that God is the great physician and I pray that HIS name will be glorified and his presence shown to this family!


UPDATE 2:30p.m.
I just went back to see Daniel and he looks GREAT. He still had in his breathing tube so he could not talk, but he could open his eyes and shake his head yes and no. I told him that he did not have to have his aorta replaced just his valve and his eyes lit up so bright! I know that if he could have talked he would be praising God!!! When I left him they were getting ready to take out the breathing tube. I am hoping to be able to go back in about an hour and see him again,
Thanks again for all your prayers. Please continue to pray for him and a speedy recovery.

UPDATE 11:09a.m
Daniel is out of surgery. They did not have to replace the Aorta, only the aortic valve was replaced with a mechanical valve. PRAISE THE LORD! He is being taken to ICU for a few x-rays. It will be an hour to an hour and a half before I can go back and see him. God has once again done...exceedingly, abundantly, more than we can ask or imagine. (Eph. 3:20) Continue to pray for him as he recovers over the next few days. I will update again after I see him!


UPDATE 8:17a.m
Daniel is now in surgery and the procedure has started! PRAY PRAY PRAY!!!!!!
We are expecting the surgery to last around 6hours and I am not sure if we will be given any updates, but if we do I will post them, if not I will post again when it is over!!!!!
Wow this is scary, but I know without a doubt that God is back in that operating room with him now!


UPDATE 7:07a.m
Daniel is in the operating room, but the procedure has not started yet. He was very emotional when I left him and I am as well. We know that God is protecting Daniel and His hands are on him right now, but it is still scary. Please keep praying, I will post when the procedure starts.

First Update 5:40a.m
We are at the hospital and Daniel is being prepped for surgery. They said they would call for me to go back in about 45minutes. We both rested well last night and are glad that we got to go back to the hotel instead of staying at the hospital.
Daniel is very nervous and is having some anxiety this morning so I ask that you please pray that he will feel calm this morning.
I will post more info. throughout the day when I hear any news.
Keep the prayers coming!!!! Love you all!!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will both be in my prayers all day!! Hopefully six hours from now the scariest part will be behind you. I cannot begin imagine how scary this is for you both, just know that you will be in the prayers of many today. And you know if you need someone to talk to my phone is always on!

Shannon Orr

Janice Estes said...

I pray that you will feel a peace you can not logically understand today. I know you "know" that God is in control, but "feeling" it is sometimes different. We are lifting you both up all day today!

Teresa said...

Praying for you all today and asking God to reveal himself in every detail of the day and especially as you wait!

Pam Lewis said...

Surgery not an easy thing to "just accept and wait" but we know God is in control and is working through these surgeons. Praying for ya'll today as well as surgeons & staff.

Bill and Faye Aycock said...

Praying without ceasing!
Tell Patti and Donnie I am keeping up with updates.
Bill and Faye Aycock

Isaiah 41:10

Bill and Faye Aycock said...

PRAISE GOD!!!

Teresa said...

YAY!!!! Way to go God...answering the prayers of your people!! Continuing to pray for a quick recovery!

Amy said...

God is so good! Glad it went well. Continuing to pray for recovery!!

Michelle said...

I am praying and so blessed by this news. I will continue to pray that the recovery is smooth and God's healing hands are on your sweet husband and that you will have an extra measure of peace and energy to get your through the next few days! (((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! By the way, love the header!!! You did a fantastic job on it! Just when you thought you were giving God all the praise, He works in ways to give himself more glory!!!

Kate Smith said...

I am so glad to hear the good news for your family! Thanks for keeping us updated, I've been thinking of you today as Daniel has been in surgery!