Monday, June 21, 2010

This weekend

The weekend was not adventurous at all which was exactly what I needed.

On Saturday, I spent most of my time just relaxing and resting. Lori took the kids to a birthday party and later that night, Lori and Grace Anne went to the grocery store and left Drew with me. Both of these seem rather small and normal most days but they are both landmarks to recovery. Being able to stay by myself for a few hours and being able to watch after the kids are both things that help me to return to normalcy. Other than that, it was a pretty normal day with quite a bit of sleeping and resting. My appetite has also finally returned to normal.

Sunday was a great day! Being Father's Day, my family went out of their way to make it very special. My children had made me an oversized card along with a Barnes and Nobles gift card and a Lakers back-to-back champions t-shirt. Lori also cooked a special meal for me that she had never tried before and it was fantastic. Clabo came over and visited for a while on Sunday night and watched the 2-hour season premiere of Leverage with me (which was pretty much amazing!!)

I am hoping to be able to get out a bit more this week. I go back to Charleston for a checkup next Tuesday so you can be praying about that. Pray that I will continue to be able to sleep a bit better and that my muscles in my legs and arms will continue to be strengthened. They are very weak and ache quite often now.

No comments: