Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tuesday

Monday was a busy day. I decided that I need to try to start putting some small tasks together. One reason is to see how much I can physically handle and the other reason is to help break up the boredom of sitting around waiting on nothing. So, on Monday, the family loaded up and drove to Grace Anne's school to pick up her yearbook and then we went to Sonic for lunch and ate in the car. It is definately an adjustment in trying to eat healthier items especially at fast food restuarants but my stomach gets very upset at real greasy foods right now and it is a great deterrent to eat better. I have lost 12 pounds so far and I have been able to keep it off for two weeks so I am continuing to really watch what I eat.

I also was able to get up Monday afternoon and begin to cook a little and I tinkered in the garden a bit more. I really wore myself out as Monday night I had quite a bit of trouble sleeping because of my legs being so sore. Lori worries about me not getting enough sleep but I am definately getting more sleep here than I did at the hospital.

Tuesday morning started with me feeling very sick to my stomach. So as you can imagine, I was very frustrated and worried about why I felt so sick but it only lasted about an hour. One of Drew's friends asked him to spend the day with them so Lori and Grace Anne and I got out Tuesday morning and went to vote and then had to go by the church for a few minutes. It was great to see everyone and be able to sit down at my desk for a few minutes and quickly go through some paperwork and feel a tad normal. Due to my upset stomach, I did not eat much lunch but hope that dinner will be a different story as we are going to some friends house to eat dinner.

I have also been able to get a lot of reading done and have finished two books and working on finishing two more so far.

We were running out of a certain medication and did not have any refills so we called MUSC to notify them and got some great news. They took me off of two of my medications which if you know me, you know I hate taking medications (always have) so this helped to brighten my spirits. They also told me that I could lay on my side with pillows as long as I keep the pressure off of my sternum which helps me (a stomach sleeper) feel again a bit more normal.

I appreciate everyone who is still praying for me and you will never know how much I can feel them. Here are a few things that you can pray specific for:
1) Better/More sleep
2) No swelling (or I'll have to get back on the two medications)
3) The fluid/air will dissipate off my right lung before Tuesday's appointment
4) Continued healing

No comments: